Postgraduate Department of Economics
St. Aloysius College (University of Calicut)
Elthuruth, Trichur, Kerala 680611
M.A. Calicut University (University Topper)
UGC-NET & JRF in Economics
Area of Interests
Econometrics, Mathematical Economics, Informal Economy, Labour Economics, Banking and Finance.
- ‘Edited a book titled Covid-19: Unmasking the Post-Pandemic Realities, published by DC Books, ISBN 9789353905538
- Financial Inclusion and Organic Farming Practices of Kuruchya Tribe in Wayanad: An Empirical Study’ article published in DEVELOPMENT ECONOMICS: MICROECONOMIC ISSUES IN DEVELOPING ECONOMIES eJOURNAL of SSRN, ELSEVIER Vol. 9, No. 47: Mar 17, 2020, https://dx.doi.org/10.2139/ssrn.3536824
- ‘Non-Institutional Credit and Organic Farming of Scheduled Tribes in Kerala: A Case Study of Muthuvan Tribe in Idukki’ an article published in ‘The Indian Economic Journal’ of SAGE Publishing, ISSN 0019-4662, Issue December 2018.
- ‘FIIs in Indian Capital Market: Lessons From Recent Financial Crisis’, an article published in ‘Madras University Journal of Business and Finance’, Vol.1 No.2 July 2013, ISSN:2320-5857
- ‘Performance of Primary Agricultural Credit Societies (PACS): A Decadal Analysis’ an article published in ‘Cognitive Discourses’ a multidisciplinary journal, Vol.2,Issue 1, July 2014, ISSN 2321-1075
- ‘Growth of KSFEL: A Post Reform Period Analysis’, a chapter published in an edited book ‘Chit Fund Industry Emerging Trends’ published by Sonali Publishers, New Delhi, ISBN 978-81-8411-505-5
- ‘FIPs 2010-13 and Extension of Formal Banking Services: an Analysis’ an article published in ‘Holistic Thought’ Vol. XIII, No 2, August – December issue 2014, ISSN. 0975-363 X
- ‘Education and National Development’ a chapter published in an edited book titled ‘Education: Philosophy, Sociology and Economics’ ISBN: 978-81-927973-1-1
- Published an article in the editorial page of national daily ‘Madhyamam’ on 22nd November 2017
- published an article in the editorial page of national daily ‘Janayugam on 23rd August 2018
- published an article in the editorial page of national daily ‘Keralakaumudi on 27th November 2018
- “Impact of Migration on Social and Economic Status of Migrant Workers: a Case Study of Migrant Workers in Kerala”. A paper presented in an international seminar organized by the Centre for Development Studies (CDS), Trivandrum
- A paper presented in a UGC sponsored national seminar on ‘Role of cooperative Societies in Agricultural Finance with Special Reference to Kerala’ organized at Al-Ameen College Edathala, Aluva
- “Foreign Institutional Investments (FIIs) in Indian Capital Market: A Recent Analysis”, paper presented at the UGC sponsored National Seminar on the topic ‘FDI and stock market’, organized by Al- Ameen College- Edathala, Ernakulum, Kerala
- “Trends and Pattern of Chit Funds in Kerala-A Pre-and Post-Reform Period Analysis”, paper presented at the UGC sponsored National Seminar on the topic ‘Emerging trends in chit fund business organized by, M.E.S ASMABI College- Vemballore, Kerala
- ‘Trade Facilitation Agreement: a DeadLock on India’s Food Security Mission’ a paper presented in a UGC sponsored national seminar conducted at M.E.S.KC. Mannarkkad
- A paper presented in a UGC sponsored national seminar on ‘chit fund industries and emerging trends’ organized at Al-Ameen College Edathala, Aluva
Served as a Resource Person
- Served as resource person in a DCE, Kerala sponsored national seminar on “Emerging Issues in Labour Market and Migration” organised by Department of Economics University College, Thiruvananthapuram on 10th – 11th December 2015
- Delivered an extension lecture on “Statistical package for social science” in Government Victoria College Palakkad on 10-07-2017
- Delivered an extension lecture titled ‘Demystifying GST: the biggest ever tax reform in India’ in a One Day Seminar Organised by NSS College Ottappalam on 23rd August 2017.
- Served as course director and resource person of the two-day national workshop on Quantitative techniques and Data Analysis Using SPSS organised by P.G Dept. of Economics. St. Aloysius College Elthuruthu on 13th and 14th December 2017.
- Served as resource person in a DCE, Kerala Sponsored “Three days National Workshop on Data Extraction for Social Science Research” organised by Research Department of Economics, Govt College Kodanchery, Kozhikode, on 19th January 2018.
- Served as resource person in one day workshop on the topic data extraction and analysis organised by the PG Department of Economics, Vimala College Thrissur on 01-02-2018
- Served as resource person in a “Three day National Workshop on Research Methods and Data Analysis for Social Science” organised by PG Department of Economics, St. Joseph College Irinjalakkuda on 06-02-2018.
- Served as resource person in a DCE, Kerala Sponsored “Three days National Workshop on Social Science Research” organised by PG Department of Economics, Govt Victoria College Palakkad on 7th,8th and 9th February 2018.
- Served as course director and resource person of the three-day national workshop on Quantitative techniques and Data Analysis Using Statistical Packages organised by P.G Dept. of Economics. St. Aloysius College Elthuruthu on 7th,8th and 9th March 2018
- Served as Resource person in a Three Day National Workshop on Equity Initiative organised by Research Department of Economics, Kerala University, Thiruvananthapuram, on 13th March 2018.
- Served as Resource person in a One Day National Workshop on SPSS organised by P.G Department of Economics, Government College Pattambi 12th July 2018.
- Served as resource person in a DCE sponsored national workshop on quantitative techniques in social science research organised by Govt. victoria college Palakkad on 25-09-2018
- Served as resource person in one-day national training workshop on quantitative techniques and data analysis in social science organised by LF College Guruvayur on 24-10-2018
- Served as resource person in a DCE sponsored one-day national seminar on Econometric Methods for Social Science Research in Govt. College Malappuram on 07-11-2018
- Served as resource person in a DCE sponsored National seminar on the implication of environmental economics on restructuring Kerala organised by Govt. College Chittur on 23-11-2018.
- Delivered an extension lecture on research methods organised by the research department of commerce, Vimala College Thrissur on 07-12-2018
- Served as resource person in a KSCSTE sponsored two-day national workshop on research methods and skills organised by the research department of Geology SN College Varkala, Trivandrum on 22-01-2019
- Served as course director and resource person of two-day national workshop on Qualitative Regression Analysis organised by P.G Dept. of Economics, St. Aloysius College, Thrissur on 24th and 25th January 2019
- Delivered research orientation talk at MES Kalladi College Mannarkkad on 19-02-2019.
- Served as resource person in a national workshop on Research methodology and data analysis organised by PG Department of Economics, MES College Nedumkandam, Idukki in association with MG University on 01-03-2019.
- Served as resource person in a KSHEC sponsored three-day national workshop on Research Methodology and Data Extraction for Social Science Research organised by PG Department of Economics, MES Mampad (autonomous) College, Malappuram on 22-08-2019.
- Served as resource person in DCE sponsored three-day national workshop on Quantitative Techniques and Explorations in Social Science Research organised by PG Department of Economics, Government Victoria College, Palakkad from 16th to 18th October, 2019.
- Served as resource person in an International Level Faculty Development Programme organised by Research Department of Economics, Government Arts College, Coimbatore, Tamilnadu.
- Selected for FLAIR, a mission mode programme of the Department of Higher Education, Government of Kerala. It is a capacity-building programme to raise the quality of teaching-learning and research among the newly inducted faculty members of the Arts and Science/Engineering Colleges and Universities in Kerala.
- Attended five days (27th February 2017 to 03 March 2017) short term training on Course Design Conducted by International Institute of Information Technology, Bangalore (IIIT-B) on behalf of the FLAIR programme, Department of Higher Education, Government of Kerala at IIIT-Bangalore.
- Attended Flair Orientation Programme on 06th September 2016 at the Ashir Bhavan, Ernakulam
- Attended 3 days induction training programme of FLAIR held at the Ashir Bhavan, Ernakulam from 13th to 15th October 2016
- Participated in the “Four Day National Workshop on Social Science Research” organised by Kerala State Higher Education Council in November 2017
- Runner up in Calicut university inter-collegiate cross country championship (2009,2010,2011)
- NCC – C certificate(naval) with ‘B GRADE’
- Member of Working Group on Scheduled Tribes Development, Kerala State Planning Board.
- Member of UG Board of Studies (Economics), University of Calicut.
- Member of Indian Economic Association