Name : Dr. Dias E D
Nationality : Indian
Gender : Male
Designation : Associate Professor
Present Address (Optional) : Dept. of Physics, St. Aloysius College, Elthuruth.
E mail: email@example.com
Mobile: (Optional) 09447437065
Educational Qualifications : M.Sc., Ph D.
B.Sc. (Physics): Sree Krishna College, Guruvayur – Affiliated to University of Calicut, Kerala
M.Sc. (Physics): Indian Institute of Technology, Madras
Ph. D: Indian Institute of Technology, Madras
Area of Interest
Dielectric properties of solids and Classical Electromagnetic Theory
Selected Research Paper Publications
- Automated loop tracer for the study of the growth of ferroelectric hysteresis: Review of Scientific Instruments, 65, 3025 (1994).
- The influence of covaleny of B’-O bond and the packing fraction on the dielectric permittivity of Ba(B’1/3, B”2/3) O3 system, Ferroelctrics, 168, 273 (1995).
- Structural investigations on BaxPb1-x(Mg1/3,Nb2/3)O3 solid solutions using X-ray Rietveld method, Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, Part 1: 41, 3010 (2002).
- Structural analysis of Ba(Mg1/3,Ta2/3)O3 ceramics, Materials Letters, 55, 414 (2002)
- Ordering in Ba (Mg1/3, Ta1/3Nb1/3)O3 ceramics: an X-ray Rietveld analysis, Crystallography Reports, 51, 231 (2006).
- Structural analysis on the Ba3Mg(Ta1-xNbx)O3 ceramics: coexistence of order and disorder, Material research Bulletin, 43, 655 (2008).
- Polar Cluster Dielectric Property Correlation in Complex Perovskite A(B’,B”)O3 System
Awards And Recognitions
- Member, Board of Studies of B. Sc. Physics (Instrumentation), University of Calicut, Kerala.
- Member, Faculty of Science, University of Calicut, Kerala.
- Member, Physics Board of Studies, St. Thomas College (Autonomous), Thrissur.
- Member, Physics Board of Studies, St. Joseph’s College (Autonomous), Thrissur.
- Chairman, B. Sc. Theory and Practical examinations of 2nd, 4th and 6th Semesters 2018-19.
- Member, Academic Council, University of Calicut, Kerala.
Any other achievements:
- Convener: The UGC sponsored National Seminar on Electroceramics, Organised by Dept. of Physics.
- Convener: The UGC Sponsored National Workshop on Theoretical Physics – Order in the Disorder.
- Convener: A Seminar on “The Trends in Higher Education”, An International Seminar conducted to discuss the changing higher education scenario in the digital era.
- Electrodynamics for Beginners
- Practical Physics
- Electrodynamics made simple: ISBN: 9789352677429
- Electrodynamics made simple – Second Edition (e-book): ISBN : 9789353005351